Monday, October 4, 2010

I (don't) whip my hair back and forth :-/

I knew I shouldn't have visited a salon I'd never been to before. I walked in with nearly shoulder length hair and came out--after telling the stylist to just clip my bangs--with a chin-length cut! (Allegedly, my ends needed more trimming than anticipated--hmmph!)

Now, I feel like I'm wearing a bowl on my head most days and I can't seem to tame the volume at all! (I am spatially-challenged, however). Looking at photos of myself from last year makes me long for my old crimson colored tangles,



spiral curls,



or some sort of color and style that will enliven my poor hair.

Right now, I'm in LAHVE with Rihanna's brilliant shock of razored hair, though, who could get away with this look but her...



When I finally do find a competent stylist, I'd like parceled waves reminiscent of Bette Davis' 1930's coiffe (or am I just looking for an excuse to post this fierce picture?):

"And after you kissed me, I always used to wipe my mouth...Wipe my mouth!"

For now, I need to get some gel and figure out how to achieve the following hair knot:

Gretchen Jones from this season's Project Runway

Or I could just go natural, like my hair clearly wants me to :-)

Whatever the case, I need an intervention!

*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment